Saturday 14 February 2009

Smoking


So after the smoking lecture, we weren’t too busy talking about whether or not smoking was ‘bad’, we were more concerned with it it’s sexy or not.
Damn straight it is!
And I know I’m not the only one who thinks this. If I was on my own then surely there wouldn’t be smoking fetishes, and the NHS wouldn’t have felt the need to introduce a campaign trying to persuade young people that smoking isn’t sexy .
Initially those adverts may work – but they’re pretty much
redundant because as soon as a picture of Brad Pitt surrounded by a cloud of smoke is released people will revert to thinking that smoking is actually sexy.
Maybe the yellow teeth, bad skin and foul smell aren’t exactly erotic – but realistically how many smokers suffer from these symptoms; only the ones who have bad personal hygiene in the first place.
I’m not being so naive to say that sex appeal and fashion are the only reasons that people spark up, nor am I saying that smoking has become the new black; but I’m reckoning that over the years smoking has helped more than one person get laid.


All that, and I’m actually a non-smoker!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Smoking is completely sexy! You see a guy like Brad Pitt sitting in a corner smoking, and that is the guy that you are trying to make catch your eye and walk over to you for the rest of the night. I know plenty of people who smoke, and very rarely smell it on them, so I don't understand what the big hype over the smell and appearance of cigarettes is. Just carry a mint and spray around with you and brush your teeth on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete