Wednesday 1 April 2009

Drinking whilst pregnant!

This woman was refused service in a pub because she was ordering something alcoholic whilst pregnant. When her friend got the drink instead they were asked to leave the pub.
So, which is worse? The woman being asked to leave the pub or her attempting to drink whilst pregnant?
I guess some people would say that the bar owner was amazingly nosy and interfering to have refused to serve the mother to be, but clearly her behaviour was purely selfless and was only doing so because she thought it was best for the mother and the baby.
You could say it was none of her business if the mother was to drink or not, but in my opinion she was right not to participate in behaviour which she clearly disagreed with.
And as for the mother, I think it was incredibly irresponsible to even consider drinking whilst pregnant. If there were any difficulties in the pregnancy I doubt she would think it was worth it either!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the woman was right to refuse to serve the pregnant woman. I don't agree with drinking while pregnant at all, can you not go 9 months without an alcoholic drink for the sake of your baby?

    If it was in the woman’s pub, than it was her business, who she serves, and if she was not happy with the situation, then as far as I am concerned she was well within her rights not to serve her. I agree that she shouldn't have to accept behaviour she disagrees with.

    I also agree that the woman drinking was completely irresponsible, and should be more concerned about her baby, than having a drink! I think it’s definitely worse the woman attempting to drink while pregnant, than the woman asking her to leave.

    ReplyDelete