Sunday 1 March 2009

Vanity


Of the seven deadly sins – vanity is my favourite (yes I know it isn’t technically a sin, but it’s the most common example of pride is it not?!)
Apparently it’s the deadliest as well – although I find this difficult to understand.
Being vein should be considered an attribute; not a negative trait. Vanity doesn’t cause harm to anybody else, at the very most it's mildly irritating.
This lovely man seems to disagree. Don’t get me wrong I understand how he reached his opinion, but I don’t agree with it. The guy who smashed his car was undoubtedly a jerk; he wasn’t vain, or even a narcissist. He was clearly the opposite and was rather insecure.
In any case a vain person wouldn’t have driven off – they’d have been far too busy checking themselves out in the car window.
So on behalf of vain people everywhere – we’re just comfortable in our own skin, and we shouldn’t have to apologise for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment